Author Topic: Hello from Hokkaido, Japan!  (Read 265 times)

Flywalker

• View Profile
Hello from Hokkaido, Japan!
« on: May 16, 2017, 07:16:43 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Canadian guy living in Japan. I have been practicing gymkhana off and on since 2008 and competed in regional events for four or five years. Very happy to find this site!

There is SO much to learn in this sport... the technique is deep and it takes many years to become really good. It's hard enough enough to learn without the language barrier so my progress has been frustratinly slow.

Looking forward to learning and perhaps sharing some insight on what they are doing over here. My coach was Hokkaido champ and made it to 5th nationally in his heyday. The man is a BEAST on two wheels!

DerSchlang

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Hokkaido, Japan!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:27:55 AM »
Hello!

We need photos to see how Japanese gymkhana is maked.

KrisCook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Hokkaido, Japan!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:31:12 AM »
Welcome, Flywalker!

Post videos! 

We are not doing as much as we could be, here in Birmingham, but we DO have one June 10.   I won't be able to be there, but I'll ask them to take as many videos as they can, so that I can post them here.  We haven't had one for a couple of years, so everyone is going to be rusty.  We won't be killing it like they do in Japan and Russia, but everyone has to start somewhere.  What we lack in skill, we make up for in enthusiasm.  : )
"I plan to keep this one long enough to determine the approximate plum-wore-out coefficient."  -- KD Trull