Author Topic: Hello From Dallas  (Read 119 times)

dartmech

• View Profile
Hello From Dallas
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »
Hey,
I'm Andrew from the DFW (Dallas, Ft. Worth, TX) area.  I'm new to the Gymkhana, but excited about it.  I've seen many videos of riders in japan doing things like this but never knew what to call it until recently.  I'm glad to see there is a growing community out there. 
I've been riding for 10+ years.  Many different bikes as I like to buy things that need work, work them, then ride and eventually trade for another project.  VT1100, zx6r, Kawi Meanstreak, Triumph Speed triple and speed four.  Currently I have a zx10r, and a 04 ST1300 which I took on a 6800 mile round trip to Maine last year.   Distance has never bothered me, but I am really looking forward to honing my skills on a Gymkhana course. 
I look forward to the forum and the experience. 

KrisCook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello From Dallas
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:50:35 AM »
Welcome, Andrew!

Since distance is no problem, come over and gymkhana with us on Saturday, September 23! 

We don't do it like the Japanese do, but we do have a good time.  And we all end up better riders. 

Do you guys ride the cones in Dallas? 

I'll try to put up some pics after next Saturday's fun.

We are glad to have you!

"I plan to keep this one long enough to determine the approximate plum-wore-out coefficient."  -- KD Trull

dartmech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »
Man, I'm sorry I missed that!  I was in preparation for a Mexican vacation (non-bike).    Maybe I'll catch the next one. 

I haven't found anything going on here, just me and a random, empty, parking lot.   

dredman

• Administrator
  • Melior Reliqua
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »
Hey Andrew, we started in a random, empty, parking lot.    8)
Learn to ride better before your riding days are cut short.