Author Topic: Greetings from LI, NY  (Read 895 times)

MoeSyzlak

Greetings from LI, NY
« on: January 09, 2017, 01:02:15 PM »
Hello All!
I found this group during my search for something beyond the MSF courses.  I was looking for a local chapter (Long Island, NY) but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many recent posts from the NYC group.  I'd love to get involved in events for riders looking to improve their low speed maneuvering and overall motorcycle proficiency.  My plan is to organize an event or two during this off season for the upcoming spring/summer ('17) .  I'd love to hear any comments, suggestions, experiences, anecdotes, etc. Thanks for your time and ride safe.
-Moe

KrisCook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from LI, NY
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »
Moe!  Please sign up again!  I accidentally deleted your username is a big sweep of spam bot deletions.

This board has gone pretty quiet since Don Redman, the founder, decided to sell his house and buy a school bus and go live on it all over the place in the U.S.  He was our organizer and was the impetus behind most of the gymkhanas we organized. 

I am busy taking care of my dad, who has dementia, so I don't have the time to do it either. 

I'm not sure why the other chapters dropped off, except that it's been winter in most places.

Please come back!  I promise I will not delete you again.  I sure didn't mean to.

Best,
Kris Cook
Assistant Admin on the boards
"I plan to keep this one long enough to determine the approximate plum-wore-out coefficient."  -- KD Trull