Author Topic: Honda Gymkhana 2012 Polish Tracks  (Read 7760 times)

mmittek

Honda Gymkhana 2012 Polish Tracks
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
Hi, in this topic I am going to put some course maps from Polish Honda Gymkhana competition (season 2012). Here is the first one, from the first round:

Vulfy

Re: Honda Gymkhana 2012 Polish Tracks
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:31:28 PM »
mmittek: that's awesome!  Can you provide dimensions though?  What are the distances between cones?

Elessar

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »
This is great stuff!  Thanks Mat

Ultrags

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 08:53:24 PM »
This is great stuff!
Heck we get to learn what they are doing elsewhere and new words too.(new to me anyway)
assuming meta = finish

If the start / meta box is 1.5m x 3m we should be able to scale the rest to get the proper coordinates to mark the set up.
Of course if the deminsions are already recorded and known it would be much better.

buzz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »
Dimensions ( as far a measurements)  are not that important to me while setting up. I usually always change them after the course is set up. I tend to set things up on the tight side and loosen them to suite some of the monster bikes we get on our course.

My question is what is the average time on these courses?

Springer

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:57:29 PM »
Ooohhhh man that looks fun!

Motogymkhanaman

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:57 AM »
A good Moto Gymkhana course is always designed so that the top Class A riders would be able to complete it in between 1 minute 30 seconds and 2 minutes. This means that Class N (novice) riders may complete the course in considerably more time than that and may take between 3 - 4 minutes to get round.

A competition course must contain one of each of the five basic obstacles and be designed in such a way that the various advantages and disadvantages of different bikes are zeroed out, leaving only rider skill as the ultimate variable. Our friend Mr Adachi (after whom the layout system is named) has had 30 years of experience in making courses interesting and challenging and that willl be do-able by any rider in any class. As with actually riding the course, designing them takes lots and lots of practice, but making mistakes is all part of the process and so new course designers should always seek feedback from riders as to how the course 'rode' and they will soon be improving in leaps and bounds.

KrisCook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »
Hi, in this topic I am going to put some course maps from Polish Honda Gymkhana competition (season 2012). Here is the first one, from the first round:

Where did they go????

And these guys either deleted their membership, or I accidentally did.  Guys, come back!!  I got a little heavy handed one day, deleting members who weren't really members.  I apologize, if you are one of our stalwarts, that accidentally got deleted. 
"I plan to keep this one long enough to determine the approximate plum-wore-out coefficient."  -- KD Trull